Last night the UK Government announced that from Monday 25th July 2020, indoor gyms and fitness facilities can reopen as long as they follow the health and safety guidelines published.
So, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide as to how you can use ClubRight to ensure that you’re following every step. The following nine points have come directly from the Gov website, which you can read here.
1. Contactless payment advisable throughout facility.
With ClubRight, your members have the ability to make payments online through their Members App by card payment or Direct Debit. That means that your facility won’t need to collect cash or even have members coming up to the front desk to make payments, therefore making it easier for your staff members to social distance.
2. Avoid paperwork being transferred by enabling such processes as bookings, rosters, ladders etc through online channels.
ClubRight allows your members to set up Direct Debits and fill out their ParQs online, so there’s no need to collect paperwork. Not only is it much safer and sanitary, but it’s also 100% GDPR compliant!
3. Enabling a booking system or other approaches to managing demand, so that no more than the desired number of customers and staff are in the building at any one time.
This one’s easy – ClubRight has a booking feature fully included in the monthly subscription price. We’ve also recently added a feature that allows you to easily monitor the number of members and staff that are in your facility at any given point during the day.
4. Where possible, operating on a book in advance basis. Online or over the phone is preferable.
Once again, this feature is available with ClubRight. Members can book in for classes and pay for memberships or single sessions all from their smartphone.
5. Supporting Test and Trace. You should assist this service by keeping a temporary record of your customers and visitors for 21 days, in a way that is manageable for your business, and assist NHS Test and Trace with requests for that data if needed. Collect sufficient data on each attendee (name, home phone number, mobile number, date and times of entry and exit) so that each person could be contacted if there is a case of COVID-19 connected to your facility.
ClubRight has recently introduced a feature that allows you to keep a track of everyone (members and staff) that has been in your facility, when they visited your club and who else was in the facility with them. It’s super easy to do – you can reach out to a member of the ClubRight team who will be more than happy to talk you through how to use this feature.
6. These facilities are expected to have systems for recording their customers and visitors
As mentioned earlier, you can keep track of who comes in and out of your club easily and in an organised way to ensure you have complete records of attendance.
7. Providing alternatives to a touch-based security devices such as keypads
The ClubRight Member App has a built-in barcode to avoid touching surfaces. Using a barcode and a scanner is a much more hygienic way of registering attendance for your members.
8. The maximum occupancy of each gym should be limited by providing a minimum of 100 sq ft per person or nine square metres
ClubRight allows you to set limits on the number of people that are allowed in your club at any given time, and the system will not allow any further attendees into the facility while it’s at capacity. This feature is particularly useful to those with turnstiles or another form of door access.
9. Frequent cleaning of work areas and equipment including stationary gym equipment free weights, mats, balls etc.
Unfortunately ClubRight gym software can’t physically do the cleaning for you, but we have added a separate schedule so that you can pencil in blocks of cleaning time to make sure your club is following the hygiene rules. What’s more, it’s kept completely separate from your class dairy.
We hope that helps get you prepared! We strongly suggest that you read over the Government Guidelines to make sure that you’re complying fully with the rules that come into effect upon reopening.
You can also check out one of our recent blog posts where we go into more detail on the new Social Distancing Features that we’ve released in the last couple of weeks.
Once again, our team will be more than happy to talk you through the features above, just message us through the Orange Circle! We’re here to support you on your road to reopening and beyond.